As I prepared this dish, which I have seen recently in Effilee, I did not know that Tina will end up in a frenzy preparing exotic variations and filling our fridge to the top with home-made Kimchi. She will probably write about her experiments soon. This recipe is delicious as it combines the freshness of the cucumber, the crispiness of the almonds, the earthy flavours of the cauliflower and the umami and hot taste of the Kimchi. Enjoy! Also it is an easy dish it takes longer in preparation than the 20 minutes mentioned by Effilee but it is definitely worth the effort.
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- rice vinegar
- 400 g cauliflower
- 5 tbs olive oil
- Few trops of sesame oil
- 40 g Kimchi
- 2 tbs smoked almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- Season cucumber with vinegar (1 tbs) and 1 tsp sugar and set aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into slices.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil with the sesame oil in a large sealed pan, add the cauliflower and some salt and cook for about 4 minutes
- Finely slice the Kimchi. Mix the Kimchi with 2 tbs Kimchi fluid and add 3 tbs of olive oil and 2 tsp of vinegar.
- Drain the cucumber slices and dress with the cauliflower on a plat. Drizzle the vinaigrette on to top and add the smoked almonds.